Hanks Fine Furniture - Hank's "Fine" Furniture store in Springfield
Less than 6 months ago I purchase the Winter Park collection bedroom set for my 10-year-old daughter.
One evening approximately one month ago, when she was getting into her full size bed the wooden rail (glued to the frame) collapsed. The materials are of poor quality and construction.
I contacted the store to advise them of my issue. It was not addressed, therefore I went into the store carrying the piece of my child's bed that broke. I was avoided by all sales personnel. I walked straight to the display of the same bed and lifted the mattress for find the exact same damage on their floor model and took a photo of this damage, again not one person employed by Hank's had approached me at this time.
I then walked to the customer service counter, broken chunk of bed in my hand and advised that I wish to speak to a manager as they would likely not want me to have this discussion with me out in the open.
A store manager approached me, I had her follow me to the floor model and showed her that the item on display is damaged in the exact same place.
At present I have been advised that this is a manufacturer issue and that the manufacturer will likely offer me replacement parts or replace the bed entirely. It is apparent that if the floor model possess the same damage that the entire produce line is junk.
I am requesting a refund and that they retrieve this hazardous furniture from my home. It is fortunate that my daughter did not but her nose of the head board or have an appendage smashed between the mattress and bed frame when the bed from their Winter Park collection broke.
As of yet, this issue has not been resolved.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Customer Service Product
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Below is our complaint to the owner Craig Carpenter of a medium size local Southern California mattress chain called Orange County Mattress-- you are NOT alone. I do not understand..."
- "...Out of nowhere, I woke up with an incredible itchy, blotchy rash, pics attached. I went to immediate care and..."
- "We recently bought an entire bedroom set through one stop bedrooms. It took over a month to get delivered (which, okay, I understand I bought furniture online, and it may..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "This company is absolutely horrible. I called them on the phone, asked them if the item I wanted was available for delivery that day, and they said yes, so I..."
- "I'm the Editor of Computer Magazine (ComputerMagazine.com), and live in Springfield, Missouri. Yesterday I had the misfortune of having Mediacom come to "upgrade" me to their "XTreme" service. Here's a..."
- "Took my son to the salon in Springfield mo off Campbell ave. The "stylist" totally ruined his hair and cut him 4 times on his neck. The guy tried to..."