Hanks Fine Furniture - Hank's "Fine" Furniture store in Springfield
Less than 6 months ago I purchase the Winter Park collection bedroom set for my 10-year-old daughter.
One evening approximately one month ago, when she was getting into her full size bed the wooden rail (glued to the frame) collapsed. The materials are of poor quality and construction.
I contacted the store to advise them of my issue. It was not addressed, therefore I went into the store carrying the piece of my child's bed that broke. I was avoided by all sales personnel. I walked straight to the display of the same bed and lifted the mattress for find the exact same damage on their floor model and took a photo of this damage, again not one person employed by Hank's had approached me at this time.
I then walked to the customer service counter, broken chunk of bed in my hand and advised that I wish to speak to a manager as they would likely not want me to have this discussion with me out in the open.
A store manager approached me, I had her follow me to the floor model and showed her that the item on display is damaged in the exact same place.
At present I have been advised that this is a manufacturer issue and that the manufacturer will likely offer me replacement parts or replace the bed entirely. It is apparent that if the floor model possess the same damage that the entire produce line is junk.
I am requesting a refund and that they retrieve this hazardous furniture from my home. It is fortunate that my daughter did not but her nose of the head board or have an appendage smashed between the mattress and bed frame when the bed from their Winter Park collection broke.
As of yet, this issue has not been resolved.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Customer Service Product
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- " 1 review 5.0 star rating 5/13/2016 I bought vanity, bed room set and dining table from here and it's fabulous. I get so many compliments on my furniture and people think it's..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "Took my son to the salon in Springfield mo off Campbell ave. The "stylist" totally ruined his hair and cut him 4 times on his neck. The guy tried to..."
- "I ordered two male coats but when the order arrived, two female coats were sent. In fact, it was boldly written on the box. In addition, the coats are of..."
- "I brought a Infra Chef Oven it didn't work called the warranty company MID WEST TRADING GROUP in Addison IL they said for me to send it back..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."